Welcome to the Terms & Conditions of the www.hamperology.com website. By visiting, registering or making a purchase from this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products or goods to you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
Information about us
- Who we are: We are Hamperology a limited company established in England and Wales. Our registered office is at 50a Netherwood Road, London, W14 0BJ. The company registration number is 10809660
- How to contact us: You can contact us by getting in touch via our Contact Us page
- How we may contact you: If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails
Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- Hamperology gift boxes contain alcohol. We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that both you and the intended recipient of this product are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because a credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements, or because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website may vary slightly.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- Hamperology Ltd does not create any of the food or alcohol products sold online. Food products provided by Hamperology Ltd are produced and packaged by third-party companies. Hamperology Ltd will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to food consumed, including labelled and non-labelled food products.
- Hamperology Ltd does not create any of the skin, bath or beauty products sold online. Skin, bath and beauty products provided by Hamperology Ltd are produced and packaged by third-party companies. Hamperology Ltd will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to skin, bath or beauty products, including labelled and non-labelled products.
Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered, please contact us immediately. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see Your rights to end the contract).
Our rights to make changes
- Whilst every effort is made to create and deliver the box you ordered, as we deal with third party suppliers some contents of the box can become discontinued or out of stock. If this is the case, we will replace with a similar item of similar value.
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. We may make the following changes to the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received:
- If for any reason any product you have selected is unavailable we will contact you directly asap and offer a product replacement or full refund.
Providing the products
- Delivery costs: The cost of delivery is included in the Hamperology gift box price. For more information about delivery please see our delivery information page
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- When you become responsible for the goods: The Hamperology gift box and its contents will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
- When you own goods: You own the Hamperology gift box and its contents once we have received payment in full.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you: We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products: We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product.
Your rights to end the contract
- You can always end your contract with us: Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or mis described you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back);
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do see;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, you may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), then we will rely on our rights at common law to recover compensation for breaches of contract.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- When you don’t have the right to change your mind: You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; and
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- How long do I have to change my mind: How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
- You have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods.
How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract: To end the contract with us, please let us know by messaging us through our Contact Us page providing your name, billing address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Returning products after ending the contract: If you end the contract for any reason after products have been despatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must return them back to us at our registered address; 50a Netherwood Road, London, W14 0BJ. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return: We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
- You must pay the costs of return in all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind).
- How we will refund you: We will refund you the price you paid for the products, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind: If you are exercising your right to change your mind we may reduce your refund of the price to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- When your refund will be made: We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it: We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract: If we end the contract in the situations set out above we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- We may withdraw the product: We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order if circumstances deem necessary but will always notify you in the event of cancellation.
If there is a problem with the product
- How to tell us about problems: If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us via our Contact Us page.
- Summary of your legal rights: We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Your obligation to return rejected products: If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must post them back to us at our registered address.
- Due to varying weather conditions we are sometimes faced with, we are unable to insure the condition of all our perishable items.
Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the product: The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT: If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong: It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. If the product’s correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- When you must pay and how you must pay: We accept payment with VISA Debit & Credit card, Mastercard and PayPal. You must pay for the products before we despatch them.
- Offers are subject to limited availability while stocks last but can be withdrawn at any time. Offer is not redeemable of refundable for cash.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us: If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so: This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products as summarised above.
- We are not liable for business losses: We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Payment and Taxes
- All prices are quoted in British Sterling (£) and are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the present rate.
- The current rate of VAT is 20%.
- All payments must be made in British Sterling (£).
- We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Switch, Solo, Delta and Electron.
- Customer payments by credit card from outside the UK will be invoiced in British Sterling (£) at the rates prevailing at the time the order is placed. Postage and packing are included in the retail price of Hamperology gifts.
- We go to great lengths to ensure the security of your orders.
- Online payment is provided in a secure environment and our online store is maintained on a secure server.
- All credit and debit transactions are processed by Stripe, so you can have full confidence that our online ordering service is secure.
- As we cannot guarantee the security of data you send us by email, it is advisable not to send payment information by this method.
- Please do contact us if you have any concerns about payment processing or online security.
Copyright & Trademark
- The contents of these pages (including without limitation all descriptions, images, photographs, designs, pictures, logos, graphics and written text) are the copyright trademark Hamperology Ltd.
- The copying, modification, reproduction or incorporation of part or all of the material on this website in any form is prohibited with the sole exception that you may print and download extracts for the purpose of using this website or placing an order with Hamperology Ltd.
- Hamperology and the Hamperology logo device are trademarks of Hamperology Ltd.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else: We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee): You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to).This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force.Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- While Hamperology Ltd endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its accuracy or completeness. Hamperology Ltd will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results arising from the use of such information. We may make changes to the material on this website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this website is provided without any warranties, conditions or other term, or any duty at common law. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions or duties of every nature including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, accuracy, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill.
- While Hamperology Ltd takes all reasonable steps to provide an efficient and reliable service, we do not guarantee that your use of the website will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. We will not be held responsible for any disruption, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of data when downloaded onto any computer system. In addition, Hamperology Ltd is neither responsible nor liable for your use of other websites which you may access via links within this website.
- Hamperology Ltd does not seek to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or that of its directors, employees or other representatives. To the fullest extent permitted by law and save as provided above, neither Hamperology Ltd nor any associated company shall be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, the supply of the products or their use or resale by you. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to damages of all kinds including direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including, but not limited to, loss of profit or loss of saving), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation.
- The entire liability of Hamperology Ltd under or in connection with any contract for any products to which these conditions apply shall not exceed the price of the products.